Brilliant School No. 1 was determined to be the main school in the Brilliant area and only opened from 1931 to 1933. It was located on the Brilliant Flats. It was a one room school enrolling students in grades 1 to 8 with a teacherage attached. The teacherage was furnished simply with beds, a dresser, wardrobe, table and chairs and the camp cook stove. This school was closed in 1933 due to overcrowding.