East Trail’s first school was established in 1917. By 1924, when the area was subdivided for housing, it contained grades 1 to 8. As the area expanded in population the school was added too many times and became the largest elementary school in Trail. In 1925, Mrs. Laura J. Morrish joined the staff as Principal. She served in that capacity until retirement in 1951. For her dedication to the school and it pupils, the school was named the Laura J. Morrish Elementary School.
The school was closed and demolished in 1999 and the Trail Middle School was constructed on the same site. Pupils were transferred to the Glenmerry Elementary School.