The last Gibson Creek school was built in 1947 and closed in 1966. It replaced the first Gibson Creek school which had become inadequate for the needs of the community. The first school was a typical pioneer building, bare and scant and materials, a small dark classroom, a wood and coal stove for heat, outdoor plumbing and bare accommodations for the teacher. The building still stands. The new school building was a stucco covered frame structure resembling most of the other schools in the district except for size and the two room teacher’s apartment attached to the rear. This school was closed in 1966.