The JL Crowe High School was constructed in 1951 and was opened for classes in 1952. It provided instruction for grades 10 to 12 and Senior Matriculation (sometimes called grade 13). When the Trail Jr. High School closed in 1983, grades 8 and 9 were transferred to the Crowe. The school was replaced with a new building on the same site in 2010 and the original building was demolished.
The Crowe, as it is affectionately called, was named after James Lloyd Crowe, and active member of the School Board for many years. The school serves communities in the Greater Trail area.