A school for the children of Tadanac residents was opened in 1897 with 37 pupils in attendance. It was called Smelter Hill. It was renamed Tadanac Elementary in 1919. In 1929, a new school was built on Kootenay Avenue at the entrance to the subdivision. It had two classrooms on the second floor and two playrooms on the main floor. It could accommodate up to ninety-five pupils.
The Tadanac Elementary School closed when enrollment dropped and the pupils transferred to Central School. The building has been demolished.
No Photographs Currently Available