The Sunningdale Elementary School was constructed in 1949 at a cost of $63,000 to serve the growing neighbourhood. Students began classes in the school on November 21st in that year with Principal Gordon Frew and teachers Grace Frew (no relation) and Shirley Dabb. Initially the school had three classrooms and an activity room. Additional classrooms and a gymnasium were added in the late 1950’s. The school closed in 1997 due to declining enrollment and the pupils were transferred to the Laura J. Morrish Elementary School. The building was sold to a private party in 2013.