In 1908, a two room school opened to serve pupils in the Thrums-Tarrys area. The school’s enrollment was 21 pupils. This old wooden structure was used until about 1947. During 1948 – 49 a new school was built on the present Tarrys School site.
However, this school succumbed to fire. Several years went by before the school was rebuilt. The old Thrums two room school was hauled to the site of the burned a building and was refurbished and served as a school for six years.