This was the one room school with a teacherage was located in Ootischenia. It burned down sometime in the 1930’s. An old abandoned cobbler shop was then put into use as a school. This school was once called the “Chebararnia School”. Chebatarnia is the Russian word for leather or harness shop. About 40 students were enrolled from grades 1 to 8. The building was old, drafty and most unsuitable for the students, so another classroom was established in the front section of the cobbler shop.