Central Elementary School was built in 1911 and opened in the fall of 1912. It replaced a small wooden school on the same site. The all brick structure contained eight classrooms for all grades. Full high school instruction was provided with a separate Principal and teachers. In 1916, and east wing was added and in 1918 a west wing was added. A fourth addition was constructed in 1930 on the west end of the school containing classrooms and a gymnasium. A new gymnasium was constructed on the east end of the school in 1955 and the 1930 gym was converted to a cafeteria. The school closed in 2000 and the pupils were transferred to the J L Webster Elementary School in Warfield. The school is now privately owned and used for residential purposes.