There were two schools built in the Pend d'Oreille valley. The first one was of log construction, built in 1913 by Art Buckley's dad Hugh, and Mr. Churches, with the assistance of neighbours. This school was situated on Churches' property on the lower side of the road. Art Buckley stated in an interview that his dad and Mr. Churches paid the first teacher, Daisy Holland, her wages of $1.00 per day plus her board.
The second school was of frame construction and situated close to the junction of Nine Mile Road and the old Pend d'Oreille Road. Art Buckley stated in an interview that the government built it around 1918. According to records, Miss V.C Adams taught from fall 1918 to June 1919. There were no listings again until the fall of 1931.