In 1907, a one-room log school was built in this settlement on the east side of the Columbia River north of Castlegar with 10 pupils attending classes. In 1912, Mennonite settlers moved in to the area farms and built a new school which had a steeple bell. The school was demolished when B.C. Hydro bought out properties along Arrow Lakes for construction of the Hugh Keenlyside Dam.
The steeple bell was saved and it is now housed at Robson Elementary.
In 1952, a modern school was constructed and the old school was used as a community hall. This school was sold to a private individual and moved to a different locale in preparation for the construction of the dam.