The first school in the community of Trail Creek was established in 1897 in the Hanna Block on Bay Avenue. Forty pupils attended with a staff consisting of Principal Donald Dewar and teacher Mabel Bunting. This location soon proved to be too small for the growing town and in 1901 the community built a new school on Green Avenue on a bench above the town site with 115 pupils in attendance. A third teacher, Bessie Fraser was added to the staff. This school was replaced by Central School in 1912.