The small, brown shingled building located on Columbia Road, Ootischenia, just off the junction of Highway 3A, is the original school. In 1942, a school was built with three classrooms plus a teacherage under one roof. The school enrolled students from grades 1 to 8 in three classrooms. This school remained in operation until 1962.
In 1963, a new school was built and the old building was purchased by the Ootischenia Doukhobor community and it now serves the community as a meeting hall. The new school consisted of two classrooms and the staff room. In 1978 there were major additions to the school such as a library, a gymnasium, new offices, storage rooms and a janitor’s room. The school board closed the school in 1986.