This improvised school was located in the Picton village which was situated on land that the Kootenay Regional Airport now occupies. The regular school had burned down three years previously and new accommodation was found in one of the larger buildings of the village. The school consisted of three classrooms and was named Pleasant School. Grades 3 to 4 were located in a room at the front of the building and grades 5 to 8 in a room at the back. Grades 1 and 2 were housed in the lower floor section of another unoccupied building. The school operated from 1935 to 1941. It was demolished to accommodate the new airport.