Renata was located on the west side of Lower Arrow Lake and originally named Dog Creek. The first school classes were held there in an old log house in 1908. The first permanent school was built in 1912 with voluntary labour. The lumber used was manufactured at the Harms’ sawmill. Desks were donated. The old log schoolhouse was used as a residence for some time but burned to the ground in 1914 – 15. Nothing was saved. In the 1940s a new school was built and was used until 1965 when the community was abandoned as a result of the construction of the Hugh Keenlyside Dam.